CPAs & Firms

Online Renewal for the Year 2019 begins November 1st
Renewal Notices were mailed on October 31, 2018


CPA Licenses, CPA Inactive and CPA Retired registrations AND Firms are required to renew by December 31st


To renew online, click here:  [ ONLINE RENEWALS ]


2018 CPE Reporting
As a reminder, all licensed CPAs with a CPE requirement are required to submit the 2018 CPE Report Form by January 31, 2019 or your renewal will not be complete.  2018 hours must include 3 hours of Professional Ethics from one of the Board-approved courses.

Note that only those CPAs who are renewing as Active need to report CPE.  If you are changing to or renewing as Inactive or Retired, there is not a CPE reporting requirement for 2018 in order to renew for 2019.

Additional information can be found by following the link below:

[ CPE Form and Other Information ]


Didn’t get your notice?

If you do not receive your reminder notice and need login information, did you move or change employers and forget to tell the Board?  You can click on the “Online Renewals” button above and select “Forgot User ID?” at the bottom of the ACCESS Your Account window.  Your User ID will be emailed to you after responding to the questions.  You can also reset your password in a similar manner by selecting “Forget Password?”

Expired Certificates 

If your CPA license has been expired for more than one year, please contact the Board’s office for information on how to reinstate an expired license.

NOTE:  Licensed CPAs who no longer practice and wish to renew as INACTIVE status and be exempted from CPE should email the Board at with the following information – your name and certificate number for confirmation – in order for us to update the database. After the database has been updated, you must renew your inactive status online or by paper.  There is no application fee to change to INACTIVE status.


CPAs who no longer practice and wish to apply as CPA-RETIRED status and be exempted from CPE should review the information found on the “Forms & Links” page.  You cannot “renew” into that status – you must apply.



CPAs may click the following link to complete and send the Board a change of address notice:

Change of Address



Licensed CPAs may click this link for the CPE (continuing professional education) requirements:




Out of state CPAs seeking practice rights or licenses in LA should click here for information:

Non-resident CPAs



A schedule of Board fees is presented for your information, click the link below:

Fee Schedule